If you’re interested in small business marketing tips then you’ve come to the right place.
Each and every Friday I will upload a video that will hopefully inspire and help your business.
In this short video clip, I go through some basics of running your business efficiently.
1. Build a support network – Even if it starts off with your wife, husband, girlfriend or boyfriend. It doesn’t matter. Start building a support network that will help you through the bad times (there will be many) and helps celebrate your successes.
2. Have really specific goals – Saying you want to “become a millionaire in the next 12 months” isn’t actually specific enough. Saying you want to “grow your business by 10% this month” is specific and will allow you to reach the larger goal a lot quicker!
Break your goals down into small chunks. Have yearly, quarterly, monthly and weekly goals. That way, your focus can be achieving each one in parallel.
3. Delegate whenever possible – If you’re a one woman band then this task will be difficult. However, if you need something designing or a tweak on your website, why not outsource this task (can be done for cheap on sites like Fiverr and Upwork) so you concentrate on marketing and building your business.
4. Keep your overheads low – This was one of the best pieces of business advice I ever received. No matter if you’ve been going for 2 months or 2 years. Always trim your overheads.
If you can work from home, you don’t need an office. Want that snazzy piece of software but can’t afford the payments. Try a cheaper version or find out if there is an open source version (you get the idea)
5. Focus – Instead of jumping from one idea to the next. Focus your efforts on finishing what you started one project at a time. I guarantee you that you’ll get more done!
6. Don’t get distracted – This is similar to the last point. If the only time you get peace is early in the morning, guess what? Wake up early and get stuff done. Likewise, if you can’t do that stay up late at night. When everyone is still in bed or gone to bed or before your staff have come into work in the morning. Work! This way, there are no distractions.
7. Promote your business with social media – It’s free! The only thing it costs you is time.
That’s it for this week.
Hope you enjoyed and I’ll see you next week 🙂
My channel helps small businesses market their businesses online.
I’m on a mission to help 10,000 small businesses a year with both free and premium content. This could either be an article on my website on one of my online courses.
Why am I doing this? I’ve had a lot of success in my life and most of it is down to family, friends and different mentors telling me where I was going wrong and what to do to put it right. Without their help, I wouldn’t be in the position to help you.
Music by The Passion HIFI
Permissions granted courtesy of The Passion HIFI