Ok, so you’ve landed on this page.
I’ve got to assume that you looking to make a free Twitter header for your Twitter profile?
That’s really cool because you’ve come to the right place.
I mention the word free and to be honest the software is free to use, but you still have to do a little bit of work to design a really nice professional looking header.
Don’t worry too much about that for now, because the instructions I’m going to give you in the next few paragraphs we’ll get you there.
It’s always a good idea to change your Twitter header every 3 to 6 months just to keep your account looking fresh and up-to-date with your brand.
There are many other software tools out there that allow you to make your own header but haven’t come across anything as easy to use as Canva.
So let’s get started:
BTW, you can also watch my instructional video above if you have the time.
Table Of Contents
1. Go to Canva.com
2. Select which organisation best describes you or your brand.
3. You have the choice of signing up with either Google or via email.
4. Once you have signed in, click on the “More” button.
5. There will be a lot of design categories to choose from. However, there is only on that interests us.
Scroll down to the “Social Media & Email Headers” section and select “Twitter Header.”
6. Select a template from a range of templates on the left-hand side.
Note: You have the choice of choosing a free template or a paid template. if you don’t want to spend any money just make sure you choose the free template and also upload your own images.
The great thing about Canva is the fact that the templates are already at the correct dimensions according to the platform.
The canvas should already have the dimensions 1500px x 500px.
It will also show you where the header and footer of the header are as well as your profile image.
This is great because it gives you a clear guideline where you should place an image or text so that they can be seen when you eventually upload your image to Twitter.
7. To edit text, click on the text you want to change and start typing.
There are many different editing options for your text. If you want to produce a quick header design, I wouldn’t go too crazy here.
A lot of time can be wasted choosing different fonts and colours.
8. You have the choice to change the type of font, size and colour of the text.
You can either upload new images from your desktop or choose from previously uploaded images.
Note: If you don’t have an image, check out my blog post – My Top 10 Royalty Free Image Websites For Your Content Marketing for some creative ideas.
9. To add an image, click on the upload tab and find a suitable image to use for your new header.
10. Once the image has loaded it will also display on the left-hand-side and is available to use.
11. Here’s an example of how this is done below (if it doesn’t autoplay, then click on the play button)
12. If you have finished editing the template, I’m assuming you want to save your masterpiece?
Simply click on the “Download” tab at the top, choose a file type and then click download.
25 Ways to Increase your Twitter Following (free eBook)
The 30 Day Twitter Challenge (a free course teaching you how to market your business on Twitter)
For an added bit of inspiration, you can also check out this Hubspot blog. There are some great examples of some good looking designs.
Des is a full-time online marketer who sells information products and a membership program. He tests and studies what does and doesn't work and then shares his findings on this website. He takes you behind the scenes of how he runs his business to help you market yours.
How to Start a Blog For Free – My Top 10 Free Blogging Platforms
How To Increase Your Twitter Following in 2018
How To Get More Twitter Followers – Ask Questions
4 DEADLY USES FOR VIDEO – How To Share A Video On Twitter